More Immediate Operation GUI - Develop GUI in scheme in incremental & immediate mode!
Alpha version! Need some cleanup and some more widgets & demos...
[/doc/tip/demos/index.html|Show me demos and screenshots!]
<h3>Immediate Mode GUI</h3>
This means that the user never has to deal with objects (anti-oop way ;).
Some projects, written in C or C++
* [https://github.com/ocornut/imgui|dear imgui]
* [http://sol.gfxile.net/imgui/|Sol on Immediate Mode GUIs]
* [http://perso.univ-lyon1.fr/thierry.excoffier/ZMW/|Zero Memory Widget]
A Microsoft paper on the subject:
* [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/pldi097-burckhardt.pdf|It’s Alive! Continuous Feedback in UI Programming]
* Based on [https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/|CSS]<h3>
* CSS3 Flexbox layouts!
* CSS3 Transitions ;)
* CSS3 grid (planned)
* Simple but powerful language
* REPL (Read Eval Print Loop) means you don't need to restart the program for seeing changes.
* We actually support chez scheme but it's possible to port to others schemes
* Nanomsg library allows to connect at any moment from anywhere to the runtime to modify the code on the fly without loosing state.
* Nice graphics with simple and powerful API
* We could port the thing to opengl, GDI+, Xcb if needed
* Powerful and portable abstraction for handling video and input and much more
* Could be replaced with some other system like Xcb, Win32 API, etc
<h2>Get & Install</h2>
You'll need [http://scheme.com|chez scheme] 9.4 and [https://pizzahack.eu/fossil/thunderchez|thunderchez]
Required also [http://nanomsg.org|nanomsg-1.0], [https://libsdl.org|sdl-2.0.4], [https://www.cairographics.org|cairo]
Checkout: You'll need [https://www.fossil-scm.org|fossil]
fossil clone https://pizzahack.eu/fossil/miogui miogui.fossil
mkdir miogui && cd miogui && fossil open ../miogui.fossil
You can also download the latest code as a tarball: [https://pizzahack.eu/fossil/miogui/tarball/miogui-latest.tar.gz|miogui-latest.tar.gz]
Remember to setup thunderchez properly.
# I recommend this limit setting because our sofware is alpha. If you run into a non-tail recursion you can lock your system :)
ulimit -Sv 1000000
Now switch to other console and type
From there you can modify the code.
You ideally want to run that from inside emacs M-x run-scheme</em> and send code with C-x C-e or C-c C-e
To follow news subscribe to [https://pizzahack.eu/fossil/miogui/timeline.rss|RSS feed]